After quite a long silent vacation, here’s a lil sneak peek of my newest project. Can’t wait to finish this!
Oooooh, and by the way, I got a pretty neat brush pen from Daiso. Thought it would be cool to practice with a new style of typography/calligraphy 😉 honestly, it’s way harder than it looks!
Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) hit the Philippines on November 8, 2013. It devastated several cities, destroyed hundreds of homes and scarred thousands of lives.
I wish each one of us could spare a bit of our time to offer a simple prayer for the victims of this tragic event. Let us pray that God will help the lost to be found, the weak to be strong and the scarred to be healed. May the victims find the strength to hold on their faith and trust again in the hope that tomorrow brings. As the whole world unites, let us thank the Lord as well for all the help and efforts of our brothers and sisters.
Please pray for the Philippines.
Reblogged from neauro of Tumblr :
Typhoon Haiyan is a Category 5 storm, the strongest typhoon of 2013 and said to be the “most powerful ever” to make landfall (with winds near 195-200 mph). Perspective: Superstorm Sandy was at 95mph when it hit New Jersey; Hurricane Katrina at 129mph when it hit land.
- Pre-emptive evacuations affect more than 161,000 families or more than 790,000 people in 37 provinces
- Typhoon Haiyan as seen from space
- Haiyan makes 6 landfalls – it affected an island chain in the central Philippines, making landfall in six islands. It gained wind power as it traversed through waters in between.
- Haiyan traverses areas affected by magnitude 7.1 earthquake – The earthquake left more than 200 dead dead on October 16; 1000 injured; 350,000 displaced. The survivors have been living in tents and evacuation areas. It passed through Leyte, Samar, Cebu (2.5 million residents), among others. All with densely populated cities, some of which are the poorest provinces in the country.
- 100 people killed in Tacloban — first estimate of casualties in the city reported today, November 9. Because the communication lines are down, the news centers have yet to take stock of the full extent of the damage. But the numbers are still expected to rise. The devastation was described as if a tsunami had wracked through it.
- 2:03PM 11/9: An estimated 4 million people have been affected by the typhoon
- 4:20PM 11/9: 90% of Baco Town in Oriental Mindoro flooded
- 4:55 PM 11/9: Bodies still scattered in Leyte as Visayas in shock
- 5:19PM 11/9: Negros Occidental under a state of calamity
- 7:34PM 11/9: Local officials expect the number of bodies found in Tacloban to reach 500
- eta: 7:45PM 11/9: Iloilo and Palawan declare state of calamity
- eta: 8:04PM 11/9: Update: 134 reported dead
- eta: 8:30PM 11/9: Thousands homeless in Ormoc, Leyte
The victims need all the help they can get. Cities have been leveled, buildings made of concrete were destroyed by strong winds and storm surges. Communications have yet to be reestablished in most of the areas affected by the typhoon. The full picture left behind by Haiyan has yet to be established yet the devastation reported on television is already extensive. The government is bracing for large-scale relief operations. Virtually 1/3 of the country has been ravaged by this natural disaster. And we need help.
HOW THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY CAN HELP
FOR THOSE IN THE PHILIPPINES
HOW TO FILE FOR MISSING PERSONS
Please reblog and add other details I might’ve missed!
Please also consider donating directly to grassroots organizations whose contributions will be given directly to affected communities.
ex. National Alliance for Filipino Concerns [paypal]
Let us give a warm welcome to Mister Heart, the heartsy with no pantsy! ❤ Now available at http://www.zazzle.com/abbycastro*/products/cg-196006118335223431
As promised, I’ve uploaded my newest pattern! I can’t tell you how excited I was to see this! This is definitely now my favorite 🙂 If I had the money right now, I’d totally buy the whole collection.
Obviously, I don’t. Plus I don’t have a credit card. I know, lots of excuses. Maybe you should just go and check out the whole collection here. In case you don’t want to, well, I’ve got something else for you:
Yes, another collection! I’ve been kinda depressed lately which led me to be being busy and oh so productive. So why don’t you try and cheer me up by looking at the custom items here. Take a peek, buy something and/or share it with your friends. Do whatever you like. Enjoy!
Happy online shopping! 🙂
New collection : I am blessed
Interested? Visit http://bit.ly/MmPKvq.
Hot air balloons can’t get any cuter than this, yes? 🙂
A new pattern is on its way to my online store! I really had a lot of trouble with choosing the color scheme and the arrangement of the balloons but after a few hours of tweaking everything into place, I’m finally satisfied with how it looks. Hope you’ll like it, too. I’ll upload it tomorrow so keep checking on the upcoming custom items 🙂